oh...this is so me... natural wood tones and white
via the beautiful blog, this is glamorous
West Elm(top)/Pottery Barn ( 2 bottom) via Material Girls
Material Girls gave some really good advice on achieving this look:
- Rattan or wicker furniture
- Wood flooring
- Natural area rug- seagrass or sisal
- Mixing lots of texture and pattern is a must!
- Comfort is key- large upholstered furniture in preferably white or off white will give it a fresh, clean, and crisp look
- Animal prints!!!!
- A few leather pieces
- Try to stick with these colors- pale yellows, browns, golds, beiges, natural greens that have more yellow in them, soothing blues, whites, and splashes of red, black, and chocolate brown
- Wood furniture
- Bamboo shades for your windows
- Table setting- they have these great round textured placemats at Crate and Barrel/ C&B Outlet or you could do wooden bowls
- Large floor vase with bamboo sticks
- A candle in a glass container with water rocks/stones
- Wood bowl with real fruit
But if you want more of a beach/nautical look, here are some of my favorite accessories:
- Faux coral- I can't say enough about it, I have a piece of it in my Living Room that I bought at Crate and Barrell and it just makes my coffee table.
- Extra large clam shells- I know we have done a high low feature on this before, but you can find them everywhere these days- they are very in style!
- Anything dark blue and white
- Stripes are always nice for this
- How about putting starfish in a bowl or in a jar?
- Shells on a stand or in a glass bowl
- A glass apothecary jar filled with sand...my mom (who inspires me every day!) has been collecting sand from the different beaches she has visisted while on vacation for the past I don't know how many years- she then puts the sand in different glass jars and labels them where they came from. It makes a really cute display and a great conversation starter about all of your travels!
via Home Decorating Reviews
Tropical island architectural genius! I love the use of stone! It must make the home feel so cool when coming in from the beach.