Friday, March 6, 2009

Charming coastal cottages

I have loved the beach since I was a little girl - and a week spent lying on the beach with a new book is my idea of the perfect vacation. Time moves completely differently, and I've never caught myself thinking about work when I'm on a beach. It is also a lifelong dream to one day live close to a beach - or at least have a nice little beach home to escape to from time to time!

Amazing kitchen - small is beautiful!

If I ever got my own studio in Brooklyn, I would love to see if I could pull off a similar look - even in December it would be like coming back to a beach cottage.

*stunning*



Love the bedding - what a difference a cheery palette makes!


I'll be taking my coffee and muffin here tomorrow morning!





Via Coastal Living

love the nautical wallpaper - what room would you put it in?
via Completely Coastal via BHG

14 comments:

JanMary said...

I always dreamed of a beach cottage too - and now we have one, on the north coast of Northern Ireland.

It is modern, but I am gradually adding character, and I love to escape there - even in winter.

The Polka Dotted Owl said...

the seventh picture of the kitchen is my favorite, love those stools! I just really love the pop of color in those rooms. I am actually starting to warm up to the idea of a kitchen table like the one in the first picture. Thanks for the inspiring pics:)

Sa-Sea Boutique said...

wow!!!!! I wish I could make a house up with just those pictures!!! love them!

Valerie said...

yep pretty dreamy if I do say so myself!

Down Comforter said...

What pretty rooms! The beachside photo is amazing :)

Shelly Beson said...

Some of those kinda made my teeth hurt:)but they're coastal and they're cottages so I loved them anyway.

Shelly

playingelegant said...

love love love these rooms, the light airy color palettes are so charming

TheDecoDetective said...

I love the table in the first photo plus the bedroom with the orchid! I'm right with you on the idea of owning a beach house - in Norway, many people have cabins in the mountains but this involves lots of snow and skiing.
Wallpaper: in the bedroom =)

Maya@Completely-Coastal said...

Thank you so much for the mention..., you'll go on my Thank You post!

Maya@Completely-Coastal said...

Oh..., needless to say, I love the coastal cottage style! And these are all wonderful picks.

red.door.read said...

love this series of photos. nautical wallpaper would be cool in a little boy's room.

Fresh Air Deligths said...

Beautiful and ispiring pictures. I would put it in my bathroom, but because it is so ugly right now, we just moved into this house and we need lots of savings to remodel and my husband does not agree much with my decorating, but who does not like beautiful homes like the ones you post about?
xx

Jennie said...

*gasp* I love the blue painted floor in the kitchen! The pattern is adorable!

Seaside Cousin Linda said...

Nothing like beach living...regardless of where you hang your hat (or beach bag)! Your decorating ideas are really quaint and lovely...and wreak of sand, salt and bleached wood. Our little shop on Tybee Island, GA is all about coastal decor and enjoying the good life, y'all! If you are in our neck of the woods, DO STOP IN and join our Sisterhood!
www.seasidesisterstybee.com

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+