Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Organization inspiration and tips

When it comes to pretty and practical organization, nobody brings it like Martha!

Her kitchen

A shelf over a door creates instant extra storage.

I love the homey feel of this office

If your fellow inhabitants don't really believe in sorting mail, atleast you can avoid stacks of it be designating an entryway organizer for everyone.

I love this medicine cabinet, just find some thin metal sheets at a hardware store, some magnetic containers (these are very popular and can be found at places like Bed, Bath, and Beyond.) Just make sure that if you mount anything inside the door that you can close it.


cylindrical vase= snazzy t.p. holder


we really need a boot tray...

A simple shelf that folds down is a great way to extend window sill surfaces. *tip, this is also a great idea to ad on counter space *

mount grow light underneath a shelf, and you can have flowers year round.

these following images are just for gratuitous prettiness...




If only I had such great light!

via marthastewart.com

11 comments:

naturally nina said...

oh! that is my dream home office. some day... :)

Deb said...

I love that cozy home office too.

karlene said...

I would LOVE to be that stylized and organized! What do you think that "table" is in the first picture that looks like it is made with sink bases?

Renate said...

AArgh. Even the cat is colour-coordinated in that pic... It's all quite nice etc. but just not... special. No real inspiration. Okay - I must admit that I like the growlight-under-the-shelf idea. I'm just afraid it will burn the shelf, don't those lamps get awfully hot?

Jennifer said...

I stole that cylindrical vase as a t.p. holder idea from a Domino page a few months back. I wound up finding some awesome vases that were perfect for the job from a wholesale vase dealer online. They called me to correct an issue - the vase I'd ordered online said that it was 25" tall, and the ones they had were only 20". I told him that as long as they were at leat 7" in diameter, I didn't mind they were slightly shorter. Then I told him what I was going to use them for. He was silent for a moment and then said, "Oh. Ok..." I hope I didn't offend him! I just loved the idea!

Getting them from wholesale flower supply vendors is a way more economical way to do them than getting them at, say, West Elm, or something. And I love them!

I'm so putting a shelf over the door in my kitchen now, too...

Down Comforter said...

Love the shelf-above-the-door idea :)

*moggit girls said...

If only we had such great cash! lol

Federica said...

Wow! I'm in love for your blog! I will add you to my blogroll!!

Anna said...

Can you tell me where you purchased those mail sorting wall units with the hooks underneath?

Anonymous said...

The third picture down - where did that come from? I'm very interested about it's source.

Nice post, thank you!

ashley@decorology said...

@anonymous - I got the image from marthastewart.com

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+