Thursday, February 12, 2009

Check out Decorology's guest post on "Keep Domino Alive"

I was honored when Katie over at Keep Domino Alive asked me to guest post. Here's my little contribution. See more at: Keep Domino Alive Go visit and see lots of other lovely Domino images from some awesome bloggers. Thanks Katie!


It still really has not sunk in yet. I guess when it comes to the stages of grief I am still stuck in denial. The magazine is going, but why why why do away with the website? I cannot imagine going to dominomag.com and getting an error message. I remember when Blueprint folded they tried to keep it alive via the Bluelines blog, but sadly that didn’t last very long.

Grieving aside, I have pulled a few beautiful images from the site to commemorate the magazine that served as a tableau for my dream house. Ok, houses. I went searching with the intention creating a collection of images illustrating one of my favorite styles- French eclectic- but as you can see, that idea didn’t last long. There was too much beauty; so I leave you with a potpurri. *weep*














9 comments:

citysage said...

A perfect collection of perfect interiors---that salon with the bright silk curtains is burned in my memory forever!

What will we do without our beloved Domino!?

Averill said...

Oh domino...I miss it already and I haven't even received the final issue yet!

Emily said...

Heartbreaking! A lot of my clients bring in inspiration photos from this mag. I work at The Sofa Company, www.thesofaco.com , and we do so many of our custom creations based on images like these. Farewell, Domino!

CHIC Sensibility... said...

Oh wow. I featured the 11th pic. Isn't it a great pic.
Stay chic!

Sharon said...

Then we're two!!Still cannot believe, there shall be no more domino mag:(

*moggit girls said...

We are beginning to freak out over it too! We have been posting treasure troves of fantastic pics to keep it alive!

Joy and Janet

Melodie said...

Does anyone have the Domino book? Is it worth getting?

red.door.read said...

love that pic with the wall of frames running up the stairs.

vale domino

Down Comforter said...

Great photo of the staircase with lots & lots of pics on the wall :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+