Monday, February 2, 2009

Calm and fuss-free remodeled loft

I found this house tour in the New York Times Home & Garden section, and I thought I'd share and see what you guys thought about the space. The owner is an architect, and the apartment is on the Lower East Side. NYT states, "The 600-square-foot apartment, with its tangle of tiny rooms, had six windows, three exposures and an unusual floor plan. 'I felt I could create an efficient layout with spaces that would function well,' he said."


I like the floors, and the white painted brick walls, I just don't know if I would have painted them white throughout.

I would need a little more coziness in the bedroom, but everyone's different!

He separated the dining area and bedroom by using two storage units with a curtain hung between them.

hmmm...not sure I like that light in the corner...atleast, I think it's a light...

I like that part of the original walls were left as a partition

Molding with flush outlets


.


Duman prefers open shelving (from Ikea - counters too), as opposed to bulky cabinets

floorplan

Well, what do you like? What would you change?

3 comments:

Maya@Completely-Coastal said...

I like the minimalistic approach and clean look, but I also want coziness..., and I agree the bedroom could use a bit of warmth, and perhaps some other areas too. I love the floor.

Girly Stuff said...

I agree about the white brick. Too cold. But I loved everything else. Except that if you have to get up in the middle of the night to tinkle, you have to run through your whole apartment to get to the bathroom. Nothing to be done about that though. At least the scenery is great on your way there.

purple area said...

Amazing interior, love this, thanks for sharing!!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+