Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pretty storage ideas

Wow, the weekend was not long enough. But here's some Monday eye-therapy. Winter often means spending more time indoors, so you might as well spend it making your home prettier.

Feminine mismatched teacups and saucers make jewelry even prettier

Carrying a color through all decor and accessories will unify your space and make it look a little neater.

Vintage planters like these abound in thrift stores and flea markets, and rarely cost more than $5.

Images via Martha Stewart

A gorgeous way to store snippets of inspiration.
Image via Sunset Magazine

Image via A Beautiful Abode
Image via Creature Comforts

A pretty way to decorate your walls and store your jewelry.

If you have a pretty collection, like these pillows, don't just hide them away. Store them by displaying them!

Dorrit Elmquist via Emmas designblogg


Ashley L. said...

I love the idea of putting jewelry in pretty saucers. I bought a bunch at a thrift shop, but now I don't have room for them :)

Blair said...

These are all lovely storage ideas! I love the teacups-so unique and charming.

dwellings and decor said...

What a great post! I love the little dishes in the drawer. So pretty!

Cathie said...

i have to agree with the other ladies i loved the teacup storage idea.

Jeffrey said...

Does anyone know where to buy the crates? I actually want them for what them for fruits and vegtables.

citysage said...

Just LOVE the tea cup idea for jewelry. Now if only I had
a) a beautiful teacup collection
b) a beautiful jewelry collection
c) a spare drawer to put it in.
With those three things and I'd be a happy girl indeed :)

Eric said...

These are great ideas In fact, I shared this with my young niece who loves to collect fancy jewelry accessories. She loved the ideas shared and this, and she is not starting for her hunt of storage containers.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...