Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ode to Modern Retro!

Modern retro is one of my favorite styles of interior design. I love it due to it's roots in clean Scandinavian furniture design. The furniture has aged beautifully, and it's clean lines and attention to material deters it from looking like a badly-aged trend. Tasteful application will also keep a room in this style from looking too kitschy. What are your thought on modern retro, and how do you define it?

photos by Dan Magree

*gasp* breakfast in the conservatory? Don't mind if I do!

via IdealHome

Can you imagine coming home to this serenity?
via Skona Hem

via Design Sponge

via Desire to Inspire

via A Beautiful Abode

One of my favorite photos in general
via Emma's Designblogg


Girly Stuff said...

A little cold for my tastes. But elegant.

I always like your collage of pics...thanks for doing all the research!

dwellings and decor said...

Modern retro is fabulous. I love your picks and that owl is so cute!

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Ummmmm. Tasty!! said...

One of my favorite styles!!! so elegant and beautiful!!
Great pictures! said...

I of course love all things modern retro. Great choice of pics!

Anonymous said...

Anyone know who makes the rug in the picture with the conservatory?

Down Comforter said...

I share your love of the style. I'm currently trying to filter out some of my 'French country' to go for a cleaner look.

Tracey said...

My partner and I love Modern Retro. We started with one garage treasure and now we're always on the hunt for more. There are so many beautiful fabrics to reupholster with, it seems silly to buy new furniture.
Meredith @


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...