Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Master of Art Nouveau

I thought I'd just share some drawings from one of my favorite artists for a little change of pace. Alphonse Mucha influenced more than just drawing and painting, but was involved in the design of jewelry, dishes, and other home decor. Enjoy!

(click for a really close-up detail)

Serving and Table wares by Mucha
(click for a really close-up detail)

A biscuit tin
(click for a really close-up detail)

An advertisement
(click for a really close-up detail)
Images via Mucha. the Triumph of Art Nouveau by Arthur Ellridge

Main staircase of the Maison Horta, Brussels,
designed by Victor Horta, begun 1898. -Love the banister

Door detail of Gaillard display cupboard,
with typical Art Nouveau motif of the coup de fouet.

Images via


Ms Unreliable said...

I bought the most beautiful little Art Nouveau book when I was in Italy and it's one of my favourite books ever! I just wish there was more Art Nouveau in my corner of the world.

Velvet and Linen said...

Is there anything more romantic than Art Nouveau?
The flowing lines of that banister are amazing.
Just beautiful.


Dagny @ Beautiful Living said...

I realise this is an old post, but I had to comment anyways :) LOVE Mucha, just bought bunch of books with his drawings, and a selection will definitely end up on my walls :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...