Thursday, October 16, 2008

Making an open floor-plan feel lived in

You find a lot of open floor-plans in the city, which is good considering how small the spaces are, and that occupants need flexibility to fit everything in. I've found personally, that it can be hard to make an open floor plan feel "homey," but I think these images show that, with the right flow and attention to furniture arrangement, a cozy space can be created.
These owners have carried the palette throughout the space to make everything more cohesive

Bookshelves are my favorite method to divide spaces.

Images via LivingEtc


Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

Some really yummy ideas to be gleaned from these photos. Thanks!

Juxtaposition Design said...

Beautiful! I might actually be getting a studio apartment for next year so this was awesome to see!

citysage said...

open floor plans are tough. I'm still struggling with mine. It's hard to make it feel like things haven't just been plopped down haphazardly. There are some gorgeous ideas and examples here (as usual!!) said...

Love Love Love this bookshelf idea!

ofifteen said...

the dining area with the black mesh lighting, is perfection!

Ms Unreliable said...

That crate bookshelf is one of the greatest ideas I've seen in so very long! I've been searching for the perfect bookshelf/room divider for almost a year (one that doesn't cost the earth), and I think I just found the perfect inspiration! Thank you thank you thank you!

Velvet and Linen said...

I love open floor plans.
It suits our life style, but
it can be a challenge to keep the space from looking too cluttered and messy.
Your images provide great ideas on how to make an open floor plan look fresh, clean and livable.
Thank you for sharing.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...