Thursday, October 30, 2008

Juxtaposed: Dwell and Traditional Homes

It really is great that people have so much inspiration when it comes to styling their homes. I don't have anything particular to say, other than I'm sometimes very surprised when I see either an extremely classically styled home or an extremely modern styled home that people actually live there. I guess this is because I've never been in a home with such a focused aesthetic.

I love the cabinet in this room and the outdoor table put together.

Images via Traditional Home

I like the console diagonally and all the plants on it- softens the place up a little.

Wow - I wonder if that kitchen is always so organized...

Images via Dwell


Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

Well, I'm glad it's not just me who thinks that most homes are not all one style. I've got a little bit of lots of things here in my home. LOL.
As for that second to the last way does anyone cook in that kitchen. Heck not even Martha is that good. : )

Ms Unreliable said...

I cannot wait to own my own place so I can start painting walls and installing floor-to-ceiling shelves!
I love the last dining room picture, and the warehouse with the diagonal console...indoor plants are highly underrated!

citysage said...

Both homes are beautiful, and I'd happily live in either if you handed me the keys! But I think it wouldn't be long until elements of other styles started seep in...for me, that's the fun of decorating, is getting to explore different aspects of your taste and personality, and see how they can all fit together in the same space.

viera said...

Modern Traditional is definitely very close to my heard but second house is very interesting as well.

.. your blog is very inspirational, love it!!!
Have a great weekend

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Oh Boy!! Every one of those pictures is DELICIOUS!!!

Thanks for that! said...

I consider myself as a modernist but I could totally see myself living in these houses.
I think when you go for eclectic design you get a depth that cant be reached in one style interiors.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...