Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Houses that are lived in...and still look great!

I found these images on Cookie magazine's website, and supposedly, not even do real people live in them, but real children live in them too!



Great organization system...




Gorgeous table, and I love what they have going on on the wall

Vintage postcard display above the wainescotting is a playful touch



I really like the pictures coming out of the corner where the ceiling meets the wall, I've been starting a similar display in my bedroom



aw, I love corgis!
I love the wide plank floors with the white furniture and neutral accents




Maps as art has always been a look I've wanted to try

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful post, thanks for sharing! vickydarnell

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Ha! As I read 'This Young Houses's' blog post about their recent photo shoot...I think these photos ALSO had a "bit" of styling help.

But LOVE so many of the ideas...and a house that screams family and dogs and laundry is ALRIGHT by my standards...Fo sho!

Thanks Ashley!

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

Awesome photos. I have to say that the wide planked floors with all the white and cream just spoke to my heart though. Of course, if you want to see "lived in" pay my house a visit. I've got dogs, teenagers, a 7 year-old and a hubby. Imagine the "lived in look" I'm sportin. LOL. But, in all seriousness I actually found a few awesome ideas in these photos I want to find a place for in my life.
thanks!

LuLu said...

I agree. I appreciate a home that has great style with a family vibe! I have 4 children, husband, dog and a fish running around :o) so I appreciate the comfy feeling of mix match furniture. It gives it more character! Love the wood detail!

Anonymous said...

Hurray for the wood stove, a little less dependence on foreign oil. There are pellet stoves if wood is too messy.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+