Monday, October 20, 2008

Cozy, modern cottages

I'm a great lover of retro modern, but I also love the cozy shabby chic style. It is definitely possible to blend the two styles, but I was really happy to find so many examples in one place, at Cottage Living. Being a warm-weather person, these homes also help me to cope with the fact that soon I'll be spending a lot more time indoors.

I love the warm wood tones in this room and the eastern influence.




One of my favorite palettes, light aqua blue, white, and red.

I really like that this room is so mismatched. I'm generally against buying new things just because what I have doesn't match. I do my best with what I already have, because I don't want to ad waste to a landfill, or buy something new strictly for aesthetics, so I'm always on the look out for "designing with what you already have" inspiration.

3 comments:

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

Absolutely delicious photos! I love the planking on the walls with the honey wood of the chest. The mismatch of old and new, vintage and modern to me is just so pleasing to the eye and to the soul.

Erin said...

Ooh I love these! They certainly are so cozy! :)

A. said...

I love Cottage Living and thought about subscribing to it. I used to subscribe to Country Living but recently switched over to Country Home b/c I like their content better but I feel like there's a great deal of similarity among all three. I love the mixing of styles and periods as well and I think my ideal home would be a very eclectic collection of everything I love. Homes should reflect who you are and whenever I step into someone's house/apartment and find it sparsely decorated or predominantly one style with everything perfectly matching, I can't help but get a little bored....

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+