Monday, September 8, 2008

Which house would you choose?

Upon the recommendation of a friend, I rented the movie "The Holiday" a couple of weeks ago. I thought the movie was really cute, but what caught my attention the most was the juxtaposition of the two lead characters' houses. They both had their qualities, but reflect completely different lifestyles. Would you choose Cameron's lux LA house, or Kate's cozy "Rosehill" cottage?

Please excuse these photos- they are DVD grabs, and aren't really up to par

Cameron's LA home:

The office

Home theater





Living room



Images via Surrondings Check out their post on how to get the look for Kate's cottage and Cameron's LA house!

Kate's cottage.
FYI: I did a little research, and this cottage, sadly, doesn't really exist. They built the fake house in Surrey out of fiberglass and wood, and it was torn down after filming. The interiors are sets.



Living room

Cameron rockin out to The Killers

Hall view


Jude's drunk and about to pass out on the couch




So, which house is your fav?
All images property of Columbia Pictures Corporation
All professional set photos from OutNow-CH


Christine said...

You missed my favorite room out of the whole movie....Cameron Diaz's LA bedroom...that upholstered king size bed.....that's my dream bedroom!

Ashley said...

Sorry Christine! :( I've added some photos of the bedroom for ya!

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

I haven't seen the movie...guess I need to, but looking at the pics, I would have to say it would depend on my mood. The cottage...soo cozy with the fire. Ahhh. The other house with a bit of modern bit of span med vibe. Crisp, clean, big...ahhh.

Teal Chic said...

This is one of my all time favorite movies. I love everything about both homes. Great post!!!

bookchic said...

thank you so much for the photos. i love both homes and i think my ideal would be a mixture of each. i love the rustic english cottage look but i definitely want to incorporate modern style and more importantly, modern amenities as well. my favorite room is kate winslet's adorable library/study. now if i could have that AND the gigantic plasma tv, i'd be a happy girl. ;-)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...