Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What color should I paint my bedroom?

So, sadly I have to move out of my adorable brownstone parlor floor studio. I'm moving in with my friend and her fiance, and they were kind enough to give me the big bedroom. I'm already trying to figure out how I want to decorate! I've already begun saving for a lovely white upholstered headboard, as I've just been sleeping on a plain old mattress for a bed the last two years. I also plan on getting a charming white secretary style desk. The only thing I'm undecided on is what needs to come first--what color should I paint the walls? I only have one window, and we're on the ground floor, so I don't get the best light. I'm also going to be doing my work in the bedroom from time to time-- so I need to keep that in mind. Do you guys have a favorite bedroom color? Should I go for cool or warm? I'm leaning towards a light greyish-blue...

calming grey-blue





bright happy blues...




cozy neutral

the palest pink...

green and blue


or a gorgeous white bedroom...

8 comments:

The said...

I personally love soft, blue. I find is soothing and light enough that you can really go in multiple directions (bold or serene) when it comes to bedding and accessories. Check out Benjamin Moore's colors...they seem to have done a great job of compiling an impressive number of gray-blues.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing the results!

Cathie said...

Calm blues would be my choice.

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Hmmm. depends on your architecture ...and stuff.

If you have some great art to showcase, and high ceilings...I love the look of a clean, uncomplicated white.

But the blue grey...or a greyed green is such a great soothing, calming color.

Not helping much, eh?

Ashley said...

Sadly no high ceilings for me :( Based on all of your suggestions...I might be leaning toward a calm blue..I'll post the results!

Sharon said...

I'd play with both white and soft blue. A white canvas to provide clear lighting and blue for accents of color e.g on one of the walls, the one intended for the headboard, which can then double act as headboard itself, with some art displayed above. This way, you'll end up with extra cash to spend on comfy bedding accessories, curtains etc
Love the idea of white desk!!
Looking forward to seeing the end-result.

Anonymous said...

I like the green and blue. Because that's what I have. My green walls are not sage, but close. Softer and grayer than that. And my blue coverlet is aqua, as in the photo you have for green and blue. I love these colors together. My furniture is white, the accents tend to be mostly black (mirror frame, hardware), and the rest of the linens are white. Very peaceful. Plus you can have a pop of tangerine in there too, as I do on a pillow, to liven things up.

jbhat

Kristin said...

We are painting one of the bedrooms in our house a light grayish tone up to top of the windows (where a picture rail would go), then a cool icy light blue from the there tot eh ceiling & leaving the ceiling white...good luck, I am sure you will choose a great color.

santamaker said...

Go with Sherwin Williams "Sea salt". It's the most serene, spa-like blue without being a baby color. Visit my blog if you want to see it in a room I just posted, called Beach house chic dining room.
Good luck!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Google+